For the last several months I’ve been testing out these four self tanning products to share my thoughts on their effectiveness and to share my overall opinion of them in hopes it will make your decision of which to purchase a lot easier.
1. St. Tropez Classic Bronzing Mousse – I purchased this from Sephora in November, while it did what it is supposed to (make me tan) I think I would have gotten better results from a darker shade. This particular mousse becomes patchy after about the third day and has an awful scent and you would need to purchase a tanning mitt to apply it. It transfers horribly – my sheets are literally brown when I wake up in the mornings. For the price I paid for it (which I won’t share because of my pride) I’m going to have to give this a 3 out of 5 stars.
2. LA Tan Sunless Mousse in Medium/Dark – I purchased this from Walmart for less than $10 and it’s bomb. I develop a natural tan overnight that seems to fade evenly over several days. The scent it still pretty strong, but it isn’t anything worse than what you would expect from a normal self-tanner. And again, you will need a tanning mitt to apply this product and it does transfer, but for the price it’s not horrible. I give this one a 4.5 out of 5 stars.
3. Loreal Sublime Bronze in Deep – This aerosol self-tanner is great for a slight dose of color, but not the best to deepen your skin tone. I purchased it from a local drugstore a few months ago. I used this in combination with the above product to avoid patchiness and help my tan last longer. It can be a little time consuming waiting for the product to dry and keeping it from spraying all over the room. The scent isn’t terrible, and it is fairly inexpensive. I give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.
4. Neutrogena Build A Tan – I’m going to cut to the chase, this product is AMAZING. It is a lotion self-tanning product that deepens your skin tone the more you use it. It has a great scent and isn’t streaky or patchy. It actually makes my skin feel hydrated and isn’t orange (or at least I don’t think so). It dries in less than five minutes and doesn’t transfer. I purchased it from Walmart and it’s at an affordable price point. I would totally recommend this product! 5 out of 5 stars!
What are some of your favorite self tanning products?
“He counts the stars and He calls them by name.” Psalm 147:4
So, I did a little damage in the make-up department. Whoops! I picked up this adorable Lorac eyeshadow pallet with beautiful matte and shimmer shades. It has warm and cool tones – perfect for someone like me, who loves both. My skin has been super if-y lately. It kinda looks great, and kinda looks awful. I picked up this Mario Badescu cleanser for $8.00. I can’t wait to see how it works, I’ve used it for the last week and can tell a HUGE difference in the texture of my skin. I can’t wait to see the long-term results. I also purchased Too Faced’s lip injection gloss. It is supposed to give your lips a “fuller” look. I’ve heard people say it completely burns their lips, but it doesn’t burn mine, and I love the smell (it reminds me of tanning lotion lol). I also impulse purchased the Loreal lash paradise mascara simply because of the packaging. I’ve used it a few times. I don’t hate it. I also don’t love it. I think I’d really like it if it wasn’t waterproof. I should have read the label lol.
We’re halfway to the weekend y’all. “My soul yearns for You in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for You.” Isaiah 26:9
I’ve been crazy sick this past week and I’m prepping for a week of dance rehearsals and recitals next week and was only able to post once last week (sorry y’all!) I wanted to start off this week by sharing three new beauty products I recently purchased and fell in LOVE with. All are drugstore items and were purchased from Walgreens.
1. Milani baked blush in luminoso. I have been wearing this every. single. day. It’s beautiful. It’s very very pigmented and powdery, so be careful the first time you go to use it, or it will make you look like a clown (I wouldn’t know or anything…). It’s a great peachy shade that I think will look great on most skin tones. At under $10 it’s a steal!
2. Wet n Wild ultimate brow highlighter. I am really enjoying this product. I put a little line under my brows and it gives them more definition and a seemingly more pronounced arch. You’ll definitely need to blend it out after application, but I love the trick it plays! Best part is, it’s under $5!
3. Wet n Wild ultimate brow mascara in nothing but but-nette. I really wanted to try Benefit’s gimme brow but didn’t want to splurge on a product without seeing if I would even use something like it. I’m glad I went drugstore. This mascara adds more fullness to my eyebrows and helps them stay in place all day. Hurry and get it, it’s under $5 too!
Happy Monday friends!
Pink Shirt (Rugged Warehouse)
Jeans (It’s Fashion Metro)
Striped Shirt (Family Dollar) (you read that correctly)
Jeans (Rugged Warehouse)
It’s finally Friday! I thought it would be fun to share a couple outfits I recently put together in two Instagram posts. Most of these pieces don’t have direct links, but I still wanted to share a little outfit inspiration with you. Have a great weekend!
I am asked all the time where I buy my clothes. I pretty much shop at the same circle of stores, and y’all can probably guess which ones are going to be included! I wanted to compile a list of five stores and tell you what a like about the store and why I frequently shop there. Let’s get started!!
1. It’s Fashion Metro – My holy grail. I shop at this store for a few reasons, first off being the price range of items. It’s so affordable. I’ve never paid more than $30 for a single item. Totally budget friendly. Most items come in small stock, so it’s not very likely someone will show up at a party with your new shirt or jeans. I also love this store because I can find so many high-end look-a-likes and dupes at fractions of the price.
2. Rugged Warehouse – Yet again, a store that draws me in because of the affordable clothes! You can find designer products at extremely low prices, so you can find quality and not spend your entire paycheck. I’ve found brands like Nike, Express, Lucky Brand, and Victoria’s Secret at Rugged Warehouse.
3. Forever 21 – I’m noticing a theme. I really have a thing for affordable clothing…duh. I like that this store is trendy and suitable for so many styles. It can be overwhelming to walk into a store that is seemingly unorganized, but it can also be like a treasure hunt. It’s a great place to find a quick outfit for a special event or trip.
4. H&M – Similar to Forever 21, this store is legit on the trendy train. I can ALWAYS find something adorable in this store. You can find super cheap things as well as nicely made more extravagant items. I love that I can download the app and search for products to order!
5. Jane – Most of you have probably discovered Jane.com by now, but I’ve only been on this train for about a year and a half. Most of my life comes from this website/app. Need a gift idea? Check it out. Need new accessories? Done. Want something with your name monogrammed on it? (SDS) Jane.com boo! Affordable and tons of categories to shop under, including home goods, clothing, and accessories. A total win in my book!
Although this isn’t a complete list of my favorite stores, it definitely gives you an insight into where I get a lot of my clothing ideas. Thanks for reading!
Have you ever had an idea about a piece of clothing that you NEED in your life? For me, it’s been a floral maxi with pink details. Particularly a dress with brighter colors and sleeves. I had to have one. I literally searched for months and then I happened to run across this beauty. It’s a floor length maxi with an Aztec print. Although it’s not the floral dress I dreamed about (literal dreams y’all) it’s still like a fairytale!
I purchased it from Rugged Warehouse but the brand is Express. It has a darling button down detail in the front and cinched waist. It came with a neutral slip underneath and has a small slit opening at the bottom. The best part is, I paid less than $15.00 for it. So affordable, especially for the brand!
It wears perfectly with wedges or heels, especially if you’re of the shorter variety like myself. I purchased an XS and it’s still pretty long on me. I’d definitely suggest this dress if you’re searching for a Spring maxi!
What are some of your dream clothing items?
Monday’s are drab especially when it’s a rainy Monday. These next three products should brighten your day a little.
First off is “Very Charleston” a book about one of my fave places, the one, the only, Charleston, South Carolina! It pretty much shares all the coolest things about the beautiful city and the book itself is adorable. It is written and illustrated by Diana Hollingsworth Gessler.
This perfect mint color by Seche was purchased from Sally Beauty Supply. It is in the shade charming, and I love it! It’s a bright pop of color for Spring and goes well with any outfit.
The last product is a little splurge, the Bumble and Bumble curl creme. I love it for days when I want to wear my hair natural. It’s lightweight and keeps my curls full and frizz free without giving a “gel” look. I purchased it from Sephora. If you have curly hair, this is a great higher-end product to try!
My student’s final dance competition went so well this weekend! They came home with so many amazing awards, and I even received two choreography awards! I also had my third infusion today and I sure hope this medicine is healing my body. I hope everyone has a great week and thanks for reading!