It’s Monday and a brand new year. My OCD is so giddy with excitement right now! There is nothing better than busting out a new planner and starting the week on a Monday. I thought it would be fun to share some of my goals for this year. Don’t laugh, some are pretty silly, but they are goals none the less!
1. Spend more time with Jesus in prayer and reading my Bible. One of my favorite evangelists, Francis Chan said ” how can we not make time for the maker of time” and it stomped on my feet. So many of the goals I’m about to share have been shown to me during my prayer time, so spending even more time in prayer and in the word would only flood my dreams and goals with grace and purpose!
2. Focus on my health. I’ve neglected my health too many times to count and it has caught up with me too many times to count. Focusing on my physical health AND my emotional and mental health will definitely be a priority for me. No more stretching myself thin. It’s okay to take a day off y’all!
3. Spend more time with my family and Charlie. My schedule is CRAZY y’all. I literally never get to see my family or friends for more than an hour a week, if I’m lucky. The Lord has pressed on my heart to spend more time with them. They will matter WAY more in the long run than what consumes my schedule.
4. Take Vacations. This was a new concept for me in 2017. I had NEVER taken off work for a vacation…in my entire life. I learned the value of working smarter not harder and sometimes that means taking a break, turning off your phone, and not checking e-mails. It will make me a more valuable employee in the long run!
5. Move. This has been on my radar since the day I had to move home, but this is the year. God has been telling me for quite some time that in order to do big things for others, I needed to make a big change for myself. This is also a huge fear of mine mainly because of the rejection that comes when you leave a small town. Somehow it’s always for selfish reasons, unloyal motives, or fantastical dreams. I plan on changing that narrative. My small town gave me wings and I plan on using them this year!
6. “Talk Less. Smile More.” If you’ve listened to the Hamilton soundtrack, you’ll get that reference. I see myself in Hamilton and Burr – bold and patient – eager and settled – one of my biggest dreams this year is to see the show, probably cry my face off, and sing my heart out.
7. Grow The Heart and Soul Blog. I hit some MAJOR milestones this year with my brand and have already acted on this goal for 2018. Writing, sharing outfit ideas, the love of Jesus and the occasional Charlie Dawson picture has become the highlight of my Monday and Wednesday. I teamed up with dream brands including: Jord Wood Watches (so cool), Clinique (what omg), Norma’s Boutique (yes girl), and am having a magazine editorial published in a couple of weeks(are you serious?). I plan to share even more quality content with y’all this year, and I thank God for His blessings and the friendships He gave me to help these dreams come true.
8. Learn to cook Linguini Tutto Mare – aka my favorite Italian dish. My brother is one of the BEST cooks in the entire world. He also happens to be 14 years older than me, so he did a little baby sitting when I was younger. One thing I loved about hanging out with my brother was the amazing food he would make for me. Linguini Tutto Mare is a seafood dish that is just YAS. My goal is to make it just as good as my brother did.
9. Give more. There isn’t a better feeling in the world than giving. Jesus says to give with a cheerful heart and I think it’s kinda hard to NOT give and have a cheerful heart. Giving isn’t limited to just money. I want to give more time, energy, love, patience, talent, respect, and inspiration. So much of that was given to me this year and I only think it’s fitting to share all that love.
10. Let the past live there. I’ve made my share of mistakes in 2017 and learned from them. I’ve fought guilt and shame, but quickly learned that letting those mistakes engulf my life will never allow me to grow. Every mistake, rejection, failure, disappointment, and flaw will stay put in my past. I feel so free knowing they can’t touch me now!