I haven’t done a roundup of my favorite beauty products in a hot minute. I guess it’s because I haven’t been wearing much make-up since it’s 5 million degrees outside. However, the few products I have been using, are STUNNERS.
This Kenra Volume Spray is a travel sized hairspray/volume booster that I purchased out of impulse on Amazon. It keeps my hair full of volume throughout the day. Definitely worth a try.
Loreal’s Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara – NOT THE WATERPROOF KIND – I love, love, love this mascara. I bought mine from Target. I have puny, baby lashes, so anything that claims to give them life and volume is coming home with me. The brush is a great quality and really separates and coats each lash evenly.
Dior’s Forever foundation is the best high-end foundation I have EVER used. I purchased it from Dillards. The coverage is super buildable, which may sound like a turn off to some, but I don’t like heavy foundations at all. It even smells high-end. So good.
This may take you back to your middle school years, but Nollie is one of my favorite perfumes. I purchased this from Pac Sun. It’s scent has hints of citrus and is great to wear everyday, not just for special occasions.
NYX ultra HD concealer is a new favorite of mine. I am a die-hard Maybelline Fit Me girl, but this concealer is a close competitor. It is so creamy, full coverage, and light weight. You need this in your beauty collection. I purchased it from Target.
I ran out of my trusty Kat Von D and my Stilla eyeliner and purchased a drugstore liner from Target to test out instead. This NYX Epic Eyeliner is such a good alternative for a lower price. It’s black, doesn’t bleed, and the felt tip applicator is super precise. It’s a game changer for me.
What are some of your beauty standouts? Let me know in the comments!
For the last several months I’ve been testing out these four self tanning products to share my thoughts on their effectiveness and to share my overall opinion of them in hopes it will make your decision of which to purchase a lot easier.
1. St. Tropez Classic Bronzing Mousse – I purchased this from Sephora in November, while it did what it is supposed to (make me tan) I think I would have gotten better results from a darker shade. This particular mousse becomes patchy after about the third day and has an awful scent and you would need to purchase a tanning mitt to apply it. It transfers horribly – my sheets are literally brown when I wake up in the mornings. For the price I paid for it (which I won’t share because of my pride) I’m going to have to give this a 3 out of 5 stars.
2. LA Tan Sunless Mousse in Medium/Dark – I purchased this from Walmart for less than $10 and it’s bomb. I develop a natural tan overnight that seems to fade evenly over several days. The scent it still pretty strong, but it isn’t anything worse than what you would expect from a normal self-tanner. And again, you will need a tanning mitt to apply this product and it does transfer, but for the price it’s not horrible. I give this one a 4.5 out of 5 stars.
3. Loreal Sublime Bronze in Deep – This aerosol self-tanner is great for a slight dose of color, but not the best to deepen your skin tone. I purchased it from a local drugstore a few months ago. I used this in combination with the above product to avoid patchiness and help my tan last longer. It can be a little time consuming waiting for the product to dry and keeping it from spraying all over the room. The scent isn’t terrible, and it is fairly inexpensive. I give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.
4. Neutrogena Build A Tan – I’m going to cut to the chase, this product is AMAZING. It is a lotion self-tanning product that deepens your skin tone the more you use it. It has a great scent and isn’t streaky or patchy. It actually makes my skin feel hydrated and isn’t orange (or at least I don’t think so). It dries in less than five minutes and doesn’t transfer. I purchased it from Walmart and it’s at an affordable price point. I would totally recommend this product! 5 out of 5 stars!
What are some of your favorite self tanning products?
“He counts the stars and He calls them by name.” Psalm 147:4
So, I did a little damage in the make-up department. Whoops! I picked up this adorable Lorac eyeshadow pallet with beautiful matte and shimmer shades. It has warm and cool tones – perfect for someone like me, who loves both. My skin has been super if-y lately. It kinda looks great, and kinda looks awful. I picked up this Mario Badescu cleanser for $8.00. I can’t wait to see how it works, I’ve used it for the last week and can tell a HUGE difference in the texture of my skin. I can’t wait to see the long-term results. I also purchased Too Faced’s lip injection gloss. It is supposed to give your lips a “fuller” look. I’ve heard people say it completely burns their lips, but it doesn’t burn mine, and I love the smell (it reminds me of tanning lotion lol). I also impulse purchased the Loreal lash paradise mascara simply because of the packaging. I’ve used it a few times. I don’t hate it. I also don’t love it. I think I’d really like it if it wasn’t waterproof. I should have read the label lol.
We’re halfway to the weekend y’all. “My soul yearns for You in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for You.” Isaiah 26:9
I’ve been crazy sick this past week and I’m prepping for a week of dance rehearsals and recitals next week and was only able to post once last week (sorry y’all!) I wanted to start off this week by sharing three new beauty products I recently purchased and fell in LOVE with. All are drugstore items and were purchased from Walgreens.
1. Milani baked blush in luminoso. I have been wearing this every. single. day. It’s beautiful. It’s very very pigmented and powdery, so be careful the first time you go to use it, or it will make you look like a clown (I wouldn’t know or anything…). It’s a great peachy shade that I think will look great on most skin tones. At under $10 it’s a steal!
2. Wet n Wild ultimate brow highlighter. I am really enjoying this product. I put a little line under my brows and it gives them more definition and a seemingly more pronounced arch. You’ll definitely need to blend it out after application, but I love the trick it plays! Best part is, it’s under $5!
3. Wet n Wild ultimate brow mascara in nothing but but-nette. I really wanted to try Benefit’s gimme brow but didn’t want to splurge on a product without seeing if I would even use something like it. I’m glad I went drugstore. This mascara adds more fullness to my eyebrows and helps them stay in place all day. Hurry and get it, it’s under $5 too!
Happy Monday friends!